Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No Referral For This Summer.......

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011

So last week I decided that even though I had promised myself that I would only contact our family coordinator on a absolute (not a "want to") need to basis, I decided that learning whether or not we would be getting a referral this summer was a NEED. I needed to be put out of my mental agony. I NEEDED to be able to mentally prepare myself for more waiting. I NEEDED to know. So I emailed. (This is only the 3rd time, mind you! :))


She said that we wouldn't be getting a referral this summer.


Crushing news. Devastating. Heartbreaking. Infuriating.


I cried a little. Not simply because there will be no referral for us this month, and that Ethiopian courts close from August to October. But because our precious babies are somewhere out there, wandering around, and we can't get to them. We can't protect them or care for them. My KIDS are on the other side of the world and I am helpless. It's a terrible feeling.


Are they in the Almighty hand of God? Yes. Do I absolutely trust and know He has a plan, knows what's best and is in control? Yes. Is my heart still breaking for my children? Yes.


So here we are again. The same thing we have been telling people for 18 months. We're waiting. First it was paperwork. Then the US government. And now the Ethiopian government and our agency. We are waiting. 90 days of complete standstill.


Lots of people are asking why. Why it takes so long. Why we are always waiting. I honestly don't know. A lot of it has to do with government paperwork. With the governments themselves. With all the background checks and investigations that must be done on each child to make sure that they are truly orphans or in desperate need of a loving family who can provide for them. They aren't simply handing out children to anyone who will accept them. They are carefully processing each child and family to be sure that this match is forever. And that's okay with us. In fact, it's wonderful that they care. This is how it should be. But we are still waiting.


Be back in October ;) Keep praying for our precious kids! Thanks for all your support thus far....we are praying for you too! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith

I know my blog is desperately behind, but time is a precious commodity nowadays. At our homeschool coop, we take turns leading devotions, a...