Thursday, March 1, 2018

MICAH JACKSON'S REFERRAL!!!!!

*This post was written 1/13/17....with as complicated as our adoption processes have been, and the insane miracles that have happened, we are almost never able to publicly share what has been happening in our lives. Our story is no longer our own; it is intertwined with so many others, and with that comes a responsibility for privacy and respect for them. We also have soooooo many miracles and crazy turns of events, but for a million reasons, we can't share. Someday we hope to. In fact, today alone I am publishing three posts to backfill and catch you up a little bit.*


Seven years ago, we started the adoption process. Six years ago, I found "one" deaf boy. Which, long story short, turned out to be TWO little deaf boys: Levi and Micah. We hadn't seen their faces, but God told us they were BOTH ours. We were told by agencies and governments that both were un-adoptable. We were told they would NEVER clear. We fought anyway, tooth and nail. A year passed. Then two. Zahria entered the scene. Our agency dropped Micah. We were sick. What was God DOING???? He had TOLD us that both boys were ours. We had followed Him. And now what???

Before leaving Ethiopia for the second time, we were able to meet Micah. And then we had to leave him behind. I was desperate. We got home, and started making calls and fighting again. Barrier after barrier, mountain after mountain. 

A year later I was in Ethiopia again, but for Natalie. Six months after that, Levi, Z, and I went for Natalie's court trip. We spent extensive time with Micah, and fought for him fiercely. The kids went with me and sat through hours of waiting, of discussions, of pleading with officials. A month later, the three of us returned and did it again. Every time we left Micah, it felt like I was dying. Nine months after Nat came home, I flew for the 6th time to Ethiopia, with the sole purpose of getting Micah's clearance. I spent two weeks chasing paperwork, signatures, meeting officials, and pleading his case. I got three signatures. We still needed two more. When I left Ethiopia without my son, I was hysterical. 

It's been 21 months since I left. This past year our family had some big changes. Changes that we did not expect, but that we are so grateful for. Changes that only God could have foreseen. 2016 was our biggest test of faith and the year we started to finally understand a small part of what God was doing. Pieces that are interconnected in ways that blow my mind began falling into place. And we got one of the signatures for Micah. 

I have spent every day this year begging God. Every night I have cried for my son. Every opportunity I have called, emailed, showed up in person, and fought for my baby. 

Lately, it has felt like my fight was dying. I have been so heartsick. Fighting, yes, but I am like a soldier who is so wounded on the battlefield that they can only crawl forward. 

I haven't Skyped with Micah for a year. Until last week. Last week I looked on my child's face, and for the first time, I saw that he had given up. That he didn't believe me anymore. That he didn't think I was coming for him. 

It. wrecked me. Destroyed the remnants of my heart. Shattered me on the inside. I had promised this child that I would not leave him, I had given everything, and he was still on the other side of the world. And he no longer trusted me. I felt like I would die. 

On November 29th, 2016, I was told we had the final signature. He had CLEARED. We didn't say anything to anyone, as this journey has been so up and down that we couldn't emotionally believe the news. A few weeks later, we were told it was the wrong signature. It was investigated. January 5th, 2016, it was confirmed. He had federal clearance. We were so happy but cautious. We didn't have a referral, and it has been SO. LONG. It didn't feel real. 

Yesterday was tough. I have friends in the hospital. My mom had an emergency surgery with complications (she is okay!), and my kids had a tough day. Some stuff I have been waiting for has to be postponed, and I was sick as a dog from my medical crap. Last night, I crawled into bed and I started crying. I was SO. TIRED. 

And then I got an email. THE email. Micah's official referral. The one I was told we would never get. Never see. The impossible referral. The MIRACLE. 

I started bawling. I cried and I cried and I cried. Because GOD DID IT!!!!! God did the impossible, He moved the mountains, He has FREED MY SON!!!!!! People, MICAH JACKSON IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!! When? I don't know. Court, embassy....probably looking at 6-12 months before he is home. 

Thank you to every person who has prayed for us, believed in us, supported us, and loved us through these past seven years. You are our lifeline, and we love you. THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts!!!!!!

Micah's Ethiopian name means "lion". His sign name that we gave him is derived from the sign for "lion". I have a tattoo on the back of my neck in Amharic that means "lion". The name Micah means "Who is like God?" This child's names could not be more perfect. He is a miracle. Only God could do this. Only GOD. 

It doesn't feel real. It's been SO long. It's hard to wrap our minds around it. 

WE HAVE OUR REFERRAL FOR MICAH JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith

I know my blog is desperately behind, but time is a precious commodity nowadays. At our homeschool coop, we take turns leading devotions, a...