Sunday, March 15, 2015

Days 11 + 12

I have been visiting people, having countless cups of buna (coffee) with friends, and bonding with Micah. My bedtime has only gotten worse since coming here.....2-3am is my lights out. Usually I get back to the guesthouse around 10:30pm and then the girls at the desk and I have a dance party. With sing-a-long. Mainly to Taylor Swift. Let me tell you, the night guards have been getting QUITE the show. I'm pretty sure they think we are drunk every night. ;)


I've been soooooo busy the past two weeks, but I've also had so many relaxing experiences. 


My driver is always fasting (he is the most devout person I have ever met), and he can't drink coffee so we have a special little juice shop that we go to every day. He buys me the equivalent of a fruit smoothie, just warm instead of iced. It is avacado, mango, papaya, pineapple, and lime juice, fresh squeezed from the fruit stands outside, and mixed to a creamy thickness. It tastes amazing. 

I have had a thousand cups of buna (coffee). Most of the time there is sugar (yummmmm). I don't even like hot coffee, much less black, but here in Ethiopia, it's different. I love the coffee ceremony. The friendship and laughter, the incense (which makes me break out in a rash haha), the roasting of the beans, the age-old ceremony of the coffee served with grace. 

I love the friends and family I have here. Some are old, some are new. All are beloved.  People who put everything they have on the line for me. I can't give examples, but these people have blown me away with their kindness, and their love for me and my family. I am forever indebted to them and I love them with my life. 


Ethiopia, and my habesha family, I love you. 







1 comment:

Faith

I know my blog is desperately behind, but time is a precious commodity nowadays. At our homeschool coop, we take turns leading devotions, a...