Friday, May 23, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This Mother's Day was the BEST. Better than last year, even. My kids gave me permission to share their cards and notes. There aren't even words to describe them. These kids are the most incredible people. Abe had warned me that I was going to be crying. He was right.



                                                    Zahria (it's transcribed below)

Dear Mom,

   I love you so much. Wow you work hard to take care of me and I thank you so much. You are my blessing mom from God. God give me you and I thank God. Sometime I'm wrong that I say I want a real mom. I can see from you that you are my real mom. I'm lucky that you are my mom. You are the best mom. I love you so much. I love you all the time.





                                                                   Levi



                                                                   Levi




                                                                 Zahria




                                            Abe (notice all the baby birds, which = our children)....
                                            LOVE haha!




I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to honor Levi, Z, and Nat's birth mothers this Mother's Day. What could I do to show the kids that I love and honor their first moms?

I ended up buying a dozen red roses and some beautiful poster-board. In the middle, I wrote the Amharic word for "Mother" (Enat). I wrote their moms' names in large, beautiful scripts and then wrote every memory or fact about them that I could remember. I'd take a picture, but for the privacy of the kids, and the fact that Natalie's adoption is not complete, I couldn't post it anyway. Oh well. :) It turned out beautiful. The kids were THRILLED. And they had me add my name in there too (I was so honored), and then they wrote all around my name. They wrote things like, "Wonderful Mom." "Hard worker." "Strongest." "Protective." "Beautiful." "Loves children." "Good braider." "Loves coffee." "Brave."

I cried.

I don't deserve them. They are so incredible.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith

I know my blog is desperately behind, but time is a precious commodity nowadays. At our homeschool coop, we take turns leading devotions, a...