Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Addis Tesfa

April 28th. 
 
 
In Amharic (Ethiopia's national language), the word for hope is "tesfa". Today was the opposite of yesterday. Today I have tesfa. Addis tesfa (new hope). Today we experienced FOUR miracles. 
 
Today I was told that a committee that we have been waiting for to sign Micah's papers, signed off on him. They haven't even been able to get together as a group, and they are seven hours away so it isn't easy to get someone there to request that they meet. And yet, they met, reviewed Micah's case, and signed the paperwork, agreeing that I could adopt him. 
 
WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?
 
Now that paper needs to go back to Addis and to the government official that I went and spoke to while I was there needs to sign. And he had given me a verbal promise, so that should be fairly easy. He liked me a lot, he loved that I spoke Amharic to him and hhe loved my jegna tattoo. He promised to give me Micah when the paperwork got there. I KNOW he will remember me, and I know he will sign. But just in case, I sent a messenger with this picture and my Ethiopian name: Jegna Mari (Mary). 


 
I also found out another miracle happened. I can't talk about it, or give details, but it is incredible. Almost unbelieveable. I asked God to move mountains and He is truly showing His power. And I am so, so grateful. I cried out and my Father is answering. And I feel ehfoyta (relief). I don't understand His timing, but my God is BIG, and I am so grateful to Him for these miracles. 
 
Our third miracle: the agency we will be working with has agreed to let us start our paperwork even though we don't have official clearances yet. We have to sign waivers of course, stating that we understand that these adoptions might fall through, and that we will not be refunded any money, but we will be able to START our paperwork. So that maybe, just maybe, our babies won't have to wait so long. Anyway, they have not even considered letting us do paperwork or sign before, so we are just going to go with it. Dossier 567,000, here we come! :)
 
Fourth miracle. One we still need mega prayers for (as we do all of this)....I was told that Felecia and Matthew's case is looking promising. That there is hope they will be cleared in six weeks. And then we can start THEIR adoption paperwork. 
 
SIX WEEKS. Do you understand what this means??? Maybe all, ALL, of my babies in Ethiopia will be coming home together. Maybe our family will finally be whole. My kids all under one roof. I can't even explain what that feels like. The thought of going to bed knowing all my kids are safe with me is unreal. I'm almost scared to hope, because I have been here. I know how adoptions work: no control and nothing ever goes right. But God is giving me miracles as proof of His power and for me NOT to hope would be stupid. THAT would be faithless. And faith is something I have, even when I don't understand. 
 
So I hope. 
 
Addis tesfa. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. OOOOH!!! THIS IS AMAZING!
    So excited to see how God is proving Himself to you and your family!
    Praying big prayers that things continue to breeze through easily so your babies can all come home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got prayers and support coming from Idaho! I've got a Levi also and even though we've never met I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you from Florida!!

    ReplyDelete

Faith

I know my blog is desperately behind, but time is a precious commodity nowadays. At our homeschool coop, we take turns leading devotions, a...